Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sparkplug's Gasoline Alley
Northeast GM Forum : GM Owners Forum > Northeast Clubs > UNYISSO - Upstate NY Impala SS Owners > Club Information
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
skillzman1
Your not burning out are you!

or are you trying to prevent a burnout?

please say your not pulling the plug! biggrin.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Jim Moulton
All Right !!
Congrats, John....another Heavy Chevy to work on !!

biggrin.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
skillzman1
So is this a civi caprice or the police package...sonuds sweet either way!

Will we get dad at the local mod days etc,..?
sherlock9c1
there's some geezer rolling around Syracuse in a MINT 91-92 red caprice; I mean MINT. The car looks so darn nice sometimes I feel like stopping at his house and putting dibs on it for when he kicks the bucket... contract.gif
dwilson_cny
Pop Wutz doesn't have a computer does he?

bonk.gif
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(sherlock9c1 @ Sep 22 2004, 05:13 PM)
there's some geezer rolling around Syracuse in a MINT 91-92 red caprice;  I mean MINT.  The car looks so darn nice sometimes I feel like stopping at his house and putting dibs on it for when he kicks the bucket... contract.gif
[right][snapback]32603[/snapback][/right]

there's a lot of that going around...seems everytime I snap my neck around and think "Hey, nice car!" there's some old fossil or other paleontologic relic behind the wheel and you just see a hat sticking up over the dashboard and knuckles on the wheel...I think sometimes that's why I haven't gotten in any trouble in this car yet...cops aren't expecting it. I can only imagine what it's like in a Roadmaster Sedan...

-dW

this picture cracked me up because I put "old man car" into Google and this is the very first image to come up!! an old fogey in a 94 Caprice!
user posted image
Jim Moulton
AND his Bride.....! biggrin.gif

banana.gif
skillzman1
I'll bet thats an LT4 conversion with the full Bilstein- Hotchkis treatment!! tongue.gif
bad azz vega
dont laugh to hard guys in 20 yrs that will be us with the blue hair..lol,,well most of us that have hair right matt? banana.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
sherlock9c1
I've been pestering my wife for a set of those wrap-around sunglasses and a goofy fishing hat for christmas.... bigangel.gif wheelchair.gif
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(sherlock9c1 @ Sep 23 2004, 08:40 AM)
I've been pestering my wife for a set of those wrap-around sunglasses and a goofy fishing hat for christmas....  bigangel.gif wheelchair.gif
[right][snapback]32643[/snapback][/right]

What is it with those old people and those wrap around robo-cop sunglasses anyways?? Are all the old people doing WELDING in their spare time??
user posted image
"lookout! I'm forging steel!"
89LT19C1
QUOTE(Heavy Chevy 95 @ Sep 21 2004, 04:56 PM)
Chris McCabe

I see you trying to sell your 89 9c1 Lt1 on E-bay. peelout.gif
Good luck.[right][snapback]32528[/snapback][/right]

Shhh! I am "trying" to sell it to try and keep a person I know (live with) happy. I am very glad it only went for $821.00 that means I can keep it. I promised my wife I would try and sell it. I was pretty confindent it would not reach the $6,500 reserve. tongue.gif Now that we have these....
sherlock9c1
QUOTE(dwilson_cny @ Sep 23 2004, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE(sherlock9c1 @ Sep 23 2004, 08:40 AM)
I've been pestering my wife for a set of those wrap-around sunglasses and a goofy fishing hat for christmas....  bigangel.gif wheelchair.gif

What is it with those old people and those wrap around robo-cop sunglasses anyways?? Are all the old people doing WELDING in their spare time?? "lookout! I'm forging steel!"

No, it's for when they see each other neked! Did anyone see Blue Collar TV recently? Think SNL except with Jeff Foxworthy as host and redneck themes. They did a parody of rescue 911 where a teenager accidentally saw his grandma in the bathroom sans clothing.. he went blind. yikes.gif

Seriously though, it's because wraparound sunglass are so darn practical, and most geezers don't give a dump.gif what they look like anymore. I've always been frustrated by "trendy" sunglasses that are super small and so if you look any direction other than straight ahead, you get bright light sneaking around the sides of the glass and your pupils get blasted. You won't catch me wearing wraparounds while I'm walking around at E-town, but if I'm on the way back, I'll be sportin' em!
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(89LT19C1 @ Sep 23 2004, 09:31 AM)
Shhh! I am "trying" to sell it to try and keep a person I know (live with) happy. I am very glad it only went for $821.00 that means I can keep it. I promised my wife I would try and sell it. I was pretty confindent it would not reach the $6,500 reserve. tongue.gif  Now that we have these....
[right][snapback]32660[/snapback][/right]

So Chris, aren't those both her cars? I remember you saying that the mini was supposed to be the missus's little pocket rocket, and I can't see you getting a big thrill out of the Equinox??

Anyways, I'm glad you haven't sold the 89...

-dW
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(sherlock9c1 @ Sep 23 2004, 09:42 AM)
You won't catch me wearing wraparounds while I'm walking around at E-town, but if I'm on the way back, I'll be sportin' em!
[right][snapback]32661[/snapback][/right]

maybe you should wear them at englishtown...that way you don't get caught scoping the chicks (in their leopard skin spandex!!)
89LT19C1
QUOTE(dwilson_cny @ Sep 23 2004, 10:03 AM)
So Chris, aren't those both her cars? I remember you saying that the mini was supposed to be the missus's little pocket rocket, and I can't see you getting a big thrill out of the Equinox??

Anyways, I'm glad you haven't sold the 89...

-dW
[right][snapback]32664[/snapback][/right]

The MINI is hers (kinda) and the Equinox will be my daily driver in a couple of months when the McCabe family increases by 1 in March. I figured driving an infant around in an old police car with no A/C and that suspension would suck.
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(89LT19C1 @ Sep 23 2004, 10:47 AM)
I figured driving an infant around in an old police car with no A/C and that suspension would suck.
[right][snapback]32666[/snapback][/right]

I guess I can give you that one....

So what are your impressions of the equinox? what's the powertrain in those things?

-dW
sherlock9c1
QUOTE(dwilson_cny @ Sep 23 2004, 10:08 AM)
maybe you should wear them at englishtown...that way you don't get caught scoping the chicks (in their leopard skin spandex!!)

Scoping chicks at dragstrips is bad for your health. I saw a study on that somewhere.
89LT19C1
QUOTE(dwilson_cny @ Sep 23 2004, 10:55 AM)
I figured driving an infant around in an old police car with no A/C and that suspension would suck.
[right][snapback]32666[/snapback][/right]

I guess I can give you that one....

So what are your impressions of the equinox? what's the powertrain in those things?

-dW
[right][snapback]32667[/snapback][/right]

Eh its OK. Its slow. But it handles like a car. I like it overall. The MINI however is like driving a street legal go-cart. I LOVE that! peelout.gif
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(89LT19C1 @ Sep 23 2004, 11:31 AM)
The MINI however is like driving a street legal go-cart. I LOVE that!  peelout.gif
[right][snapback]32671[/snapback][/right]

They look like fun little carsI wonder if they'll keep making them or make any new models? I haven't really followed them all that much since they're not big American iron but I do think they're kinda cool and the best of the retro cars we've seen so far...

-dW
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Jim Moulton
Jeepers John...HOW do you find time for all this stuff !?

You are VERY busy !!!
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(sherlock9c1 @ Sep 23 2004, 11:08 AM)
Scoping chicks at dragstrips is bad for your health.  I saw a study on that somewhere.
[right][snapback]32668[/snapback][/right]

OK, well I guess you can scope the men when you guys come visit me in the hospital then!

-dW
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(Heavy Chevy 95 @ Sep 23 2004, 12:53 PM)

My sister Elaine is expecting her second child around April 05.

[right][snapback]32683[/snapback][/right]

Do they know who the mother is?
BradsDCM
nice DW! bonk.gif biggrin.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
doggy.gif
Jim Moulton
John, that Black '95 with the tinted glass looks real nice !

Waiting for more pics.... biggrin.gif

Hmmm....let's see, current exchange rate ~ 30 cents on the Dollar...?

OZ....working on '98 Olds Intrigue today...
Jim Moulton
John, that Black '95 with the tinted glass looks real nice !

Waiting for more pics.... biggrin.gif

Hmmm....let's see, current exchange rate ~ 30 cents on the Dollar...?

OZ....working on '98 Olds Intrigue today... 2cents.gif 2cents.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
Heavy Chevy 95
Local New York City INC Car Club Video

Heavy Chevy 95
dwilson_cny
QUOTE(Heavy Chevy 95 @ Oct 16 2004, 12:21 AM)

Found out lildevil.gif
Someone in my town has a Black Impala ss stored away with only 3,000 miles.

I've noticed since I've had my Caprice that people tend to tell me the comings and goings of other Caprices and Impala's they see around...good thing that doesn't happen with my pickup or that would be all I ever hear. There's more pickup trucks than teeth in my town.

-dW
Heavy Chevy 95
skillzman1
DW you'd fit right in in Corinth...(thats not a compliment).

I keep seeing an SS on the Stony Creek road..asked my uncle who it was ,and he said he didn't know but had seen it himself!

Stony Creek--population 75ish!
Have seen the guy twice now,in passing,he looks at me like wheres this guy coming from....and I do the same! biggrin.gif

Next time I'll turn around and see if I can meet up with him.

Strange thing is I see quite a few SS rolling around Saratoga....and none of them seem to wave or care ....theres more than a few people who dont know what they are driving...or at least dont have the love for them most of us do!

Or are we just geeks that spend way too much time thinking/talking about a car!? sad.gif
Theres one clown that deliberately ignores me when he see's me coming...I wave to be friendly...he turns his head and waits for me to go away..................I hope to see him at the street light some day....He'll get a good long look at my tail lights....I'll toss him some ear plugs first...as a courtesy gesture!! lildevil.gif lildevil.gif
Heavy Chevy 95

Heavy Chevy 95

skillzman1
You'd be lethal with a credit card...Holy crap!!

And I thought I got away with alot!!

Always good to keep what we can in the INEGMA community though....you could part the thing out for the kinda $$ your talkin'!!
FUN-9C1

Chris, Chris, Chris.... banghead.gif

Infants have survived for thousands of years without A/C and with suspensions much harsher than yours... I can tell you from experience that you CAN drive an infant around in an old police car with no A/C and "that" suspension! SUVs be damned!!! Do not give in!!!! Old 9c1s are the perfect baby hauler! rockon.gif

You think I'm kidding but this one time, at band camp, no wait... at the end of our street I "pulled out smartly" (quite smartly indeed) with the wife and baby aboard and while I was getting a dirty look from Kim, our baby girl was laughing her a$$ off! We got lucky with our little one... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.