Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sparkplug's Gasoline Alley
Northeast GM Forum : GM Owners Forum > Northeast Clubs > UNYISSO - Upstate NY Impala SS Owners > Club Information
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
Heavy Chevy 95
Hi all

GNISSC has rooms blocked off for this years' All GM Nationals.
This year we have 2 motels and the Quality Inn is not one of them!!

The host hotel (we have 20 rooms blocked is up 5-20-08) will be:
Motel 6, 1153 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013 (1-717-249-7622)
YOU MUST CALL 1-800-544-4866 between 8AM & 5PM & use the Group # M129700092
to make you reservations!!!!
There is a 2 night minimum!!! Check in is 4PM.
Rooms are blocked off for 2 nights, Friday June 20 & Sat June 21 (check out Sun morning June 22)
If you want Thurs June 19 ask them!!
Rooms are double queens. For Thursday night 2 people is 70.99.
For Friday & Sat nights-1 person/night is 74.99, 2 people/night is 80.99 ($3.00 for each additional person)!!!!

The second hotel is;
The Ramada Limited. 1252 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013
Call 1-717-243-8585 & ask for the Greater Northeast Impala SS Clubs!!!
There are 26 rooms blocked until 5-31-08
There is a 2 night minimum!!!
Rooms are blocked off for 2 nights, Friday June 20 & Sat June 21 (check out Sun morning June 22)
For Friday & Sat nights-1-4 people/night is $129.95.

Hope to see you all there
Tony & SSally
Heavy Chevy 95
OOOPSSS!!
Thanks Joe!!

Joe's correct & I'm the somebody & the Motel 6 group # is M129700092

Here’s the rest of the info for Motel 6 if you don’t have it……

YOU MUST CALL 1-800-544-4866 between 8AM & 5PM & use the Group #M129700092 to make you reservations!!!!

For Friday & Sat nights-1 person/night is 74.99, 2 people/night is 80.99 ($3.00 for each additional person)!!!!

Tony

Heavy Chevy 95
UNYISSO.GIF members Cruisers at the GM Nationals in Carlisle.
Ken's Garnet Red 95 9c1 Lt1.
Craig's 95 Lt1 Caddy Fleetwood.
Brad's 93 Lt1 DCM Caprice -- LVD Drag Car.

Hi All

Carlisle Online registration is open!!
Please register under the club name GNISSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GNISSC is after our 7th straight club award!!!!!

Please go to the website & register as soon as possible
http://store.carlisleevents.com/merchant.m...egory_Code=CAN4

This is the 50th Anniversary of the Impala & Carlisle is celebrating this with a registration category just for Impalas......
2008 All-GM Nationals 50TH Anniversary - Impala
Price: $30.00
While The General celebrates 100 years in business, we will focus on the 50th anniversary of the Impala. Register your Impala as part of a special display celebrating the birth of one of the most popular models ever produced by The General. This is a GREAT chance for everyone to enjoy a huge number of Impalas in a special display area. The cars will be assigned to various classes of stock and modified and participant balloting will determine first, second and third place for each class. Awards will be given to class winners and other selected awards will be a part of this event. You don’t want to miss this one!

Because of the 50th anniversary, Caprices will need to register in the Show Field Category....
2008 All-GM Nationals Show Field
Register for the 2008 All-GM Nationals Show Field. Registration includes weekend admission for two people. After registering, a receipt will be mailed to you via regular mail - please bring this receipt to the event.

It will be about the same as other years as Caprices & Impalas will have their own classes!!!

Tony & Sally

Tony & Sally at GNISSC Headquarters.
Fun Field Parking for our vehicles all around the tent.

Tony with Fellow POSSI & NJ BEASST Members at GNISSC Headquarters with Jon Moss.

GM Nationals Fun Field parking for our vehicles for 3 days.
Heavy Chevy 95
All LISST Members,

LISST member Joseph Menechino,
Has some trim rings for sale.
If you are interested, please write to him directly at joem2571@optonline.net
Joe has indicated that he will accept any offer you care to make.

Happy buying ......

Regards ..... Art

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subject: trim rings

I have 2 sets of trim rings if you or any one else is interested.
The 2 rings are 15" "round" type
I think like the early Trans Am style and the 4 are 14"
Chevy rally wheel squared off style 2 are 1-3/4 Deep and the other 2 are 2-3/4 Deep.

I have been trying to come up with a fair price or will accept anyones offer.

They are not in good condition but not in the worst either.
There are typical scuffs dings and scratches and one of the 14's has kind of a pinch on the inside diameter.

A little cleaning up and they wont look so bad.
Joe
Heavy Chevy 95
Hey everyone

Jim Cypher sent this to us & we are passing it along to you.
Please go to http://www.chipmiller.org/ & make a contribution to a good
cause!!
For those that don't know Chip Miller was one of the founders & owners of
Carlisle Fairgrounds!!
Thanks Jim for making us aware of this!!

T&SS

To: "Tony & Sally Maiale" <awskmjr@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008
Subject: Re: Carlisle Online registration is open!!

> Hi guys!
>
I wanted to thank you again for carrying this torch on Carlisle, it's a
> great event with great people.
> You both have given so much of yourselves.
> I did want to pitch one thing... would you consider "passing the hat" in
> some way and making a donation to the Chip Miller Foundation?
> http://www.chipmiller.org/
> I'll pledge $50 right now, it means that much to me.
> Let me know your thoughts on this.
>
> - Cypher
>

Heavy Chevy 95
Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Loving Memory
Valerie Joan Olexsak
- 1/26/2008

Valerie Joan Olexsak, 52, of Howell Township died Saturday, January 26, 2008 at CentraState Medical Center, Freehold Township.

Mrs. Olexsak was born in Patchogue, New York and had resided in Howell Township since 1968.

She was a graduate of Howell High School, Class of 1973.

She was a senior clerk transcriber for the Monmouth County Board of Social Services Legal Department, Freehold Township for 19 years before her retirement.

She was predeceased by her parents, Jay P. Whalen, Sr. and Elaine M. Whalen and a brother, Steve Whalen.

Surviving are her husband, John A. Olexsak; two brothers, Jay P. Whalen, Jr. and Barry Whalen, both of Jackson Township; two sisters, Barbara Turning, Tinton Falls and Elaine Rumola, Jackson Township; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, John and Elizabeth Olexsak, Freehold Township.

The viewing will be held at the Higgins Memorial Home, 20 Center Street, Freehold on Tuesday from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. followed by interment at St. Rose of Lima Cemetery, Freehold. Please visit www.higginsmemorialhome.com for directions to the funeral home and to leave a condolence message. Memorial donations to A.S.P.C.A. would be appreciated.
Heavy Chevy 95
inegma.gif photo of Johnny O -- Heating his 95 Impala ss Tires at E- town

Fun grudge runs during 2008 ECIRS season opener at Englishtown Dragway.

Posted by: "Karl Ellwein" karl.ellwein@Radix.Net karl_ellwein
Date: Sat Jan 26, 2008

inegma.gif Photo - 300 C Hemi - Against Dan Leftwich's Impala ss -- LISST Club Drag day at Englishtown
inegma.gif Photo - LISST Club Webmaster - Dan Leftwich heating his tires at Englishtown
inegma.gif Photo - Dan and Hemi 300 C at E-town Tree
inegma.gif Photo - Dan's Impala ss 15.221 ---- Hemi C 300 14.571 1/4 mile

Latest Etown 2008 season opener grudge run list.

Barry, 96 Impala SS, (13.50)
Celeste, 96 Impala SS, (13.10)
Glen, 96 Impala SS, (12.50)
Jason, 95 1994 Impala SS Wagon (15.85)
Nab, 94 Impala Clone (11.80)
Timmay, 96 Impala SS (12.60)
Dave Servati, Impala SS (14.4)
Dan Fahey, Impala SS (13.45)
Dave Wilson , 95 9c1 (13.7)
Stew , 95 Impala SS (13.1)
Lyndon Wesson , 94 Impala SS (13.80)
DeBlasio, 96 Impala SS (13.6)
Glen, Impala SS (12.5)
Rob Hamilton, 96 Impala SS (12.90)
Robbie Hamilton, Lt1 Wagon (15.40)
Chris Mallory, 96 Impala SS (12.5)
John O'Connell 96 Impala SS (14.8)

Here is the list of LX club members: Looks like Hemi31 is FAST!

1 - bklynmag (John) - (12.3-12.6) - Magnum RT 5.7
2 - QBNKID (Mario) - (14.6-14.8) - Grand Cherokee 5.7
3 - Carfinish (Stellino) - (13.3-13.6) - Magnum RT 5.7
4 - nhdave (Dave) - (12.4-12.7) - Magnum SRT 6.1
5 - sinistr - (13.6-13.9) - Charger RT 5.7
6 - TPBNANA-1606 - (13.5-13.7) - Charger Daytona 5.7
7 - JonzMgnm (John) - (11.8-12.1) - Magnum RT 5.7
8 - Viper3ez (14.2-14.5) - Magnum RT 5.7
9 - HEMIDON (Don) - (12.5-13.0) - Charger Daytona 5.7
10 - Hemi31 (Erik) - (11.2 -11.5) - Magnum SRT 6.1 - Not definite
11 - torRed #1169 - (13.5 - 13.7) - Charger Daytona 5.7
12 - Big Bob - (12.9 - 13.1) - 300C 5.7
13 - Frozen - (12.8) - Charger SRT 6.1
14 - Hemi In Bayville - (12.8-13.0) - Charger SRT 6.1
15 - slideway - (12.2-12.4) - Magnum SRT 6.1
16 - CtCruzer - (15.3-15.5) - Charger SXT 3.5

Heavy Chevy 95

kennybopaloo

Johnny Boy, each and every time I want to look at these fine Machines, you have these young chickies from East L.A. blocking my view. What's wit dat Johnny?????????/

banana.gif

whacky018.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
Kenny,
Those ladies are Usually at the Custom Car Shows. Which I have attended over the years.

Unless you want to look at Photos like this.

Back in 72 was when I got hooked into the Custom Cars & Muscle Car Scene.

The car guys I hung out in Central New York.
Usually had this attitude moon.gif

Always enjoy attending a Custom Car show.

kennybopaloo
Just busting your horns Johhny.

That last pic of those East L.A. hombries look familiar.

I believe I remember 3 of them when I worked at Sing Sing in Ossing N.Y.

One of them was my porter in A Block, and the other 2 worked at the Hospital first floor as grievance assitants. I'm sure they are going places with their lives.

We will probably hear about them on the 6 O'Clock news. WORD........

bowdown.gif

lildevil.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
I hear you Kenny.
We are both having a little fun. hahaha.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of those guys from Sing Sing you watched in Prison for years.
As our New York State Corrections Officer.

We had a family member recently,
Hanging out with a Female recently sprung from Bedford Hills.
Our Family member wanted to introduce this Garbage into our home.

No Fucking Way,
Brenda had to stop her family member,
In our driveway with this Parolee that was wanted.
This Female,
Was in and out of State Prison the past 10 years.
Her Kids taken away from her from the Court System.

No way was I going to invite that Trouble into my family.

Lying - Backstabbing - Piece of Shit.
That stole from a family member and got them hooked onto drugs.

Poor guy was broke after what she did to him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to something Brenda and I did last night,
I finally found my Buddy Johnny O's home address.

Brenda and I are sending him something in the mail.
Dame shame,
He lost his wife Valerie at such a young age of 52.

Wutz
Heavy Chevy 95
All LISST Members,

Please do me the favor of reading all of this message ...

Most of you know that ISSCA has become nearly dormant for the past year or so. No magazines, no messages, no status best describes your view of what you have been getting.

Below is a message giving the current status of ISSCA It is from Rick Matthews, ISSCA President. In this message, Rick is letting you know, from his perspective, what is happening at ISSCA. I realize that some of you have given up on ISSCA and some remain as current members. Because the existence of a national organization is so important to the future of our Impala SS, I'm asking you to read this and to consider cutting ISSCA some slack, consider renewing (or rejoining) for one more year in 2008 to give ISSCA one more chance to succeed.
- If they succeed, we all benefit.
- If they fail, we will know that we did our best, bent over backwards to help them, and that renewing for 2009 is not a viable option.

As Past President of LISST, I appreciate the extreme difficulty of succeeding with an all volunteer staff. Most all of us have very busy lives, what with job, spouse, family occasions, kids sports, ageing or sick parents and more. LISST is blessed with a group of unselfish officers and members who give us some of their precious free time to make LISST the success that it is. ISSCA has been less fortunate. Rick feels that he has now put a new crew together that can heal ISSCA. I urge you to give him one more shot. Thank you .....

Regards ..... Art
Past President - LISST

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message from Rick Matthews .....
January 29, 2008

2007 wasn't a great year for ISSCA. An organization that relies on volunteers to make things happen is subject to the intentions and efforts of the volunteers. Unfortunately for 2007 the efforts did not intersect with intentions. Here's a brief history.

We began the year in transition with the SScene 2006 had ended with less than 4 issues published, primarily because the previous editor had resigned. A new editor volunteer was found (one that had done the job previously) but he eventually realized his tank was empty and resigned - half the year was gone. A second past editor stepped up but he too did not have the desire to complete the task. Finally the Publisher resigned his position thus leaving us no publisher, no editor and no SScene. Late summer we found new volunteers who have a passion for the SScene and ISSCA it's taken them a few months to get a handle on the process, line up printers and get all the historical information in hand once on solid footing they were introduced to the BoD. Their goal is to have the SScene out by the end of February and publish issues in 2008 (back on schedule). Just like the past volunteers they will need help from the community.

While the SScene floundered, the BoD focused on the 2007 Nationals, the event was a success, knowing we had no SScene extra effort was made to work
with GM High Tech in developing their coverage of the Nationals. Thanks Chino.

The BoD too has suffered from volunteers with good intentions and lack of effort. Most of the BoD chats were attended by less than a handful of Directors. Some resigned, most had conflicts which made it difficult to attend. Those who did attend regularly planned for the 2008 Nationals and discussed options to the SScene. One of the more significant actions was for the BoD to adjust the director and officer elections to coincide with the Nationals. One of the issues in the past was the transition of leadership during the final stages of the Nationals, instead of having the transition occur during the last few months it was agreed the transition needed to occur at the Nationals thereby involving the membership and giving the new team a full year to address the Nationals. Beginning 2008 the Director elections will occur in the spring and incoming Directors will take their position at the Nationals there too Officer Elections will be held.

So this is where we are in January 2008. The Nationals are set [for] June 13 - 15 (three days) [in St. Louis at Gateway International Raceway].

GM will be there with a trailer full of Impala's from 1958 to 2008 as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Impala. For this event all Impala's from 1958 to 2008 are invited to attend.

The Car Show will be in the infield of the Gateway International Raceway on the 13th
The Road Course will be on the 14th
Drags racing and Autocross on the 15th.

The SScene is in production we expect the next issue to hit the mail at the end of February.

The Election Committee will be established in mid February and nominations will be solicited in March. We expect ballots to go out no later than April 15th and close voting May 15th.

I can tell you from the people I've talked to and emailed the future of ISSCA is not in doubt, there are a lot of people willing to step up and keep it running. The goal of the exiting directors is they have momentum on their side and we are working to that end.

On a personal note. I apologize for the lack of communication I chose to focus on tasks at ISSCA, to ensure we have a club to pass on. During the past 6 months I too have had to focus on other life events involving work and family as well as ISSCA. My goal was to use the time I had to benefit ISSCA, this often left me with little energy to devote to communication. I can come forward and state what is done and not wish it had been done. We still have a lot of work to do and will continue to focus on what is best for ISSCA.

In the service of it's members,

Rick Matthews
ISSCA President
Heavy Chevy 95

CT Tri-9 dragday
Posted by: "mike" mikekend@sbcglobal.net mikekend
Date: Tue Jan 29, 2008

I spoke to Steve @ LVD this afternoon & re-confirmed our CT Tri-9 club
dragday on Saturday September 13, 2008. He wanted to let us know we
are on the schedule & re-confirmed before they "went to press".

He also mentioned they have an Impala club event scheduled for June 7th
for the UNYISSO.GIF: club if they want it.

Mike E K #111

CT Tri-9 dragday
Posted by: "Dave Wilson" dwilson5@twcny.rr.com dwilson_cny
Date: Tue Jan 29, 2008

What do we gotta do for that?

dW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CT Tri-9 dragday
Posted by: "Nabster" delorian9@yahoo.com delorian9
Date: Wed Jan 30, 2008

Contact the track and say you will coordinate it!

-Nab

Re: CT Tri-9 dragday
Posted by: "nybosox63" nybosox@nycap.rr.com nybosox63
Date: Thu Jan 31, 2008

Contacted LVD UNYISSO.GIF Race date June 7 no sponsorship YET,but working
on it.

-Mike "Big Ugly" Fleming

UNYISSO Race June 7, 2008
Date: Thu Jan 31, 2008

Yes I'll add that UNYISSO.GIF Race to the sched...
Thanks for organizing it Mike,

We should try to get a little something something installed in the Big Ugly.
smile.gif

Karl

Fantastic.

Thanks Mike and Terri,
For making this Years ECIRS Drag Day happen.
Let Me Know if you need any help.

Wutz

Photo of Wutz & Fleming with the New York Impala SS / 9c1 Gang
Heavy Chevy 95

Big Dog Roswell - You did the right thing as Moderator on ISSF.

We never had this kind of Talk on the ISSF back in 2000.
Especially from a Kid to an Adult.

I know one thing, Back when I was kid.
If I ever talked this way to an adult.
My Father would have physically drove my body threw a cinderblock wall. yikes.gif

Keep up the Good work Paul.
Wutz stands behind you in making the right decision.

Punk Ass Kid thinks he can talk to an Adult this way on ISSF
Heavy Chevy 95
Long Island Super Sport Team

All LISS T Members,

The annual Atlantic City Classic Car Show & Auction ,& swap meet is being held this year from Thursday Feb. 28th, through Sun., March 2nd. Click on the link to check it out.

Sat. March 1st looks like to be the best date to attend, with it's longer hours.

The tentative transportation that I thought we had has fallen through, so I'm in the process of checking other alternatives. I will follow up my results with another email.

Since the first email on this, these members have expressed interest so far:
Joe Guercio - 2
Skip Moore - 3
Frank Dimino - 2
Trevor Greene - 2
Mark Holobigian - 1
Dave Romero - 2
Bill Musorofiti - ( getting own way there )
Please email me ASAP if interested, & I'll go ahead & adjust the head count. I do know that with a group of 20 or more, we'll receive a 25% discount, our name will appear in the group program, plus other perks.

Let me know, OK.

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
2008 President
Heavy Chevy 95
JohnnyO / ValerieO
Posted by: "Johnny4149@aol.com" Johnny4149@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:45 pm ((PST))

Thanx for all of the emails of condolence. Its great to know that some of
you that hardly know me or my wife Valerie, would care so much.

Special thanx to Joe Pagnotta,Bob Lynch,Kevin Cole and Marco Bucci for
attending the wake/viewing.

Johnny O.

QUOTE(Heavy Chevy 95 @ Jan 27 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Loving Memory
Valerie Joan Olexsak
- 1/26/2008

Valerie Joan Olexsak, 52, of Howell Township died Saturday, January 26, 2008 at CentraState Medical Center, Freehold Township.

Mrs. Olexsak was born in Patchogue, New York and had resided in Howell Township since 1968.

She was a graduate of Howell High School, Class of 1973.

Surviving are her husband, John A. Olexsak; two brothers, Jay P. Whalen, Jr. and Barry Whalen, both of Jackson Township; two sisters, Barbara Turning, Tinton Falls and Elaine Rumola, Jackson Township; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, John and Elizabeth Olexsak, Freehold Township.
Heavy Chevy 95
UNYISSO.GIF / inegma.gif member is celebrating his birthday today ---- Markbss (43)

Mark ,
Happy Birthday Today.

Wutz

Mark Blizinski -- Original Owner of a 1996 DCM Impala SS . UNYISSO.GIF heading to Englishtown NJ Dragstrip.

UNYISSO.GIF Caravan heading to Lebanon Valley Dragway for a TRI-9 ECIRS Drag Day.
Photo of Mark driving his Impala ss behind Jon Jenkins

Mark & Bill Crovo at a ECIRS Drag Day at Lebanon Valley Dragway.

Mark Lining Up for the 1/4 mile at LVD.

Mark with TAISSO member Doug Walker

Mark's 30,000 mile Lt1 Engine Bay in his Impala ss

Ride: 1996 DCM Impala SS
Mods:
Original owner since September 1995.
Borla exhaust, K&N air charger intake, 3.42 gears, air foil, hyper tech program,l ight gray tinted windows,
STS shifter ,61 Impala ss Cross flags on front panels and rear bumper,
Camaro elbow intake,9C1 oil and power steering coolers, 9C1 air deflectors,
Big Daddy Art Funk's Red lighted bow tie, 9C1 wipers, 9C1 heavy duty 9C1 wheels with RS-A Goodyear Police high speed radials(for another look and as storage or for bad weather driving),9C1 trunk mat,Heavy duty AC Delco battery,
Jon Moss signature 6/02.

Jeg's Performance Parts Catalog Online
Heavy Chevy 95

All LISST Members,

The following is from Tony & SSally Maiale regarding rooms for the GM Nats in late June. I received this email on 1/21, called and made my room reservation today, 2/3, & was told I was the 11th reservation already on the 20 block of rooms together at the Motel 6. She also told me that there were rooms left after that, but perhaps they wouldn't be grouped together.

So, all of you members interested in one of the best car events you'll ever attend, now is the time to get going & make that call, reserve a room, ( share with someone maybe ), log on to Carlisle, register your Impala under the special Impala class for this year, ( we're part of a national display I'm told ), or register your Caprice/9C1 in the Caprice class, & get ready for some absolute fun, from the go-karts, the nightly parking lot antics, the huge (35-55 B-Body people eating Sat dinner together, (you got to see that parking lot filled with lit bow-ties at night!!), & the show of course, two days of the General's finest muscle cars gathered, ending in the car giveaway Sun afternoon, which a ticket for is included in your admission for your car!!!

Hi All
Please register under the club name Greater Northeast Impala SS Club

Spell out Greater Northeast Impala SS Club Please

This is the 50th Anniversary of the Impala & Carlisle is celebrating this with a registration category just for Impalas......
While The General celebrates 100 years in business, we will focus on the 50th anniversary of the Impala. Register your Impala as part of a special display celebrating the birth of one of the most popular models ever produced by The General. This is a GREAT chance for everyone to enjoy a huge number of Impalas in a special display area. The cars will be assigned to various classes of stock and modified and participant balloting will determine first, second and third place for each class. Awards will be given to class winners and other selected awards will be a part of this event. You don’t want to miss this one!

Because of the 50th anniversary, Caprices will need to register in the Show Field Category....
Register for the 2008 All-GM Nationals Show Field. Registration includes weekend admission for two people. After registering, a receipt will be mailed to you via regular mail - please bring this receipt to the event.

It will be about the same as other years as Caprices & Impalas will have their own classes!!!

Tony

Now for the room info:

Hi all

YOU MUST CALL 1-800-544-4866 between 8AM & 5PM & use the Group #M12900092 to make you reservations!!!!

The second hotel is;

Tony & SSally

That about says it all,
Hope to SSee you there,

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
2008 President
2004 - 2007 Club Secretary

"The Impalanator" on inegma.gif & The ImpalaSS Forums
Original Owner --3rd In Class '03 All GM Nat's
Best ET- 14.59 @ 93.5 MPH
LT1V8@optonline.net

Heavy Chevy 95

All LISST Members,

The following is from Tony & SSally Maiale regarding rooms for the GM Nats in late June. I received this email on 1/21, called and made my room reservation, & was told I was the 11th reservation already on the 20 block of rooms together at the Motel 6. She also told me that there were rooms left after that, but perhaps they wouldn't be grouped together.

OK, as of tonight, Sunday, the 6th, there are 8 rooms left in the original 20 block together. After that, you could be scattered around, or as the alternative, have to stay in the 2nd motel, the Ramada.

So, all of you members interested in one of the best car events you'll ever attend, now is the time to get going & make that call, reserve a room, ( share with someone maybe ), log on to Carlisle, register your Impala under the special Impala class for this year, ( we're part of a national display I'm told ), or register your Caprice/9C1 in the Caprice class, & get ready for some absolute fun, from the go-karts, the nightly parking lot antics, the huge (35-55 B-Body people eating Sat dinner together, (you got to see that parking lot filled with lit bow-ties at night!!), & the show of course, two days of the General's finest muscle cars gathered, ending in the car giveaway Sun afternoon, which a ticket for is included in your admission for your car!!!

From Tony:

Hi All
Please register under the club name Greater Northeast Impala SS Club

Spell out Greater Northeast Impala SS Club Please

Tony

Now for the room info:

Hi all

YOU MUST CALL 1-800-544-4866 between 8AM & 5PM & use the Group #M12970092 to make you reservations!!!!

The second hotel is;

Tony & SSally

That about says it all,
Hope to SSee you there,

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
2008 President
"The Impalanator" on inegma.gif
& The ImpalaSS Forums
Original Owner
3rd In Class '03 All GM Nat's
- LT1V8@optonline.net

Heavy Chevy 95
All LISST Members,

This event is a really big deal for our cars. Honest!
I realize that it's a long trip (3+ hours) ....
It could be a wee bit expensive (hotel is $75 per night + tax with 2 night minimum ....
But it will be awesome, I promise.
And you will not see a repeat of this for a very long time
So, do give it some thought ... please. Not for my sake but for yours.

Questions? Talk to me or talk to Joe your new President. We will try to help and will get you an answer if we can.
Here is a flyer I put together to give you an idea of what's coming up in June.
At the end, I've included a few photos of past GM nationals that LISST members attended.

Please think about it. Make it part of your vacation plans for 2008. You won't be disappointed ....
But don't procrastinate as the reasonably priced hotel rooms will not last, perhaps only for another week or two
If you are considering it, reserve a room ...... you can cancel and lose nothing.
That's all folks ... thanks for listening.

Regards ..... Art
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 is the 50th Anniversary of the Impala & Carlisle is celebrating this with a registration category just for Impalas......

The first Impala hit the street in 1958 (photo below). It was not until In 1961, that the first Impala SS (Super Sport) was introduced to the market. 1969 was the last year for the Impala SS until 1994. The last rwd Impala SS was produced in 1996 (photo below).

While The General celebrates 100 years in business, Carlisle will focus on the 50th anniversary of the Impala. Register your Impala as part of a special display celebrating the birth of one of the most popular models ever produced by The General. This is a GREAT chance for everyone to enjoy a huge number of Impalas in a special display area. The cars will be assigned to various classes of stock and modified and participant balloting will determine first, second and third place for each class. Awards will be given to class winners and other selected awards will be a part of this event. You don’t want to miss this one!

Heavy Chevy 95
Dear valued SLP Performance Parts customers,

We are pleased to announce our February specials. SLP is offering 10% off on select products, which can be viewed here: http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp?SPC=spc

This 10% off special on select products offer is valid on all orders placed on-line or called in from February 1, 2008 12:00 am EST through February 27th, 2008 5:00 pm EST. Follow the link below to shop on-line, phone orders must use sales code# 8003.

SLP TV

You asked for this! We have taken all of our video clips on our current parts lineup along with a few surprise videos and have added them to our new SLP TV section of SLPonline.com.
To view the videos, please go to http://slptv.slponline.com

SLP Dyno/Installation Facility

SLP now offers installation services for our complete line of high-performance and appearance products for most late-model, Detroit based muscle cars and Full-Size Trucks and SUV's. Our installation center is staffed by engineers and technicians with experience on just late-model GM, Ford and Dodge vehicles.
Whether you're interested in bolt-on parts, internal engine modifications, or even one of our ZL402 600+ HP packages, SLP's shop personnel have the specialized training and equipment necessary to do the job right. After all, no one knows SLP parts like the people who designed and built them.
For more information on our Dyno/Installation facility, go to: http://www.slponline.com/install_dyno.asp

New Products/Coming Soon

SLP lists new products daily, so for a heads-up on that hot new item for your ride check out our new products at: http://www.slponline.com/coming_soon.asp

Scratch-n-Dent

SLP lists brand new blems daily on our hottest parts. These parts are brand new and function perfectly, but they have a scratch or dent. Make sure to check out this section daily as the parts don't last long at these prices!
http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp?SPC=snd

While you're checking out the Scratch-n-Dent section, be sure to check out our Clearance section on SLPonline.com for some great deals on SLP product.
http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp?SPC=c1

We'd like to thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you at an SLP Event in the future.

Team SLP

SLP Performance Parts, Inc.
1501 Industrial Way North
Toms River, NJ 08755

Phone: (732) 349-2109 Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 Eastern
Fax: (732) 244-0867
http://www.slponline.com

Heavy Chevy 95
All LISST Members,

The LISST Winter Officers Meeting has come and gone. This was the first meeting with Joe Guercio as our new President. Joe hosted the meeting, which lasted about 4 hours. The goal was to start to make a draft of our proposed 2008 club activities. I think that it went very well. Many subjects were covered but most of them will not be discussed here. This e-mail is strictly calendar related.

I have volunteered to make the LISST Print Calendar for 2008 and John Zupka has volunteered to help me.

This e-mail is an invitation to submit a photo of your car for possible use in the 2008 LISST Print Calendar.

If you have seen one of our previous LISST Print calendars you know it's a great feeling to be featured in one of the months.

My plan is to ask only twice this year and this is the first of those two requests. If I do not receive enough photos by the deadline, I will use photos of nice cars from other clubs. Here are the details:

PHOTO GUIDELINES:
Photos can be digital or paper
digital photos must be of sufficient resolution to print an 8 X 10 photo ... Camera should be 2 MB (or more) ... more is better!
Subject of e-mail should be "Calendar Photos"
paper photos will be returned within a couple of weeks if return is requested.
paper photos are to be mailed to address under signature at the bottom of this e-mail (use cardboard to protect).
photos of your car (usually no people in photo) with a nice background (grass, trees, landscape, cityscape, etc) are best.
interesting photos of a group of LISST members will be considered (must be car related).
photos used in previous LISST calendars are not eligible.

If you plan to submit ... e-mail me now / soon to advise it is coming.
Send from 1 to 3 photos .... no more please.
Send photo within 2 weeks (MAX) ... that is February 21st.
Earlier photos preferred and given preference (all other things being equal).
Selection of photos for calendar to be made by John & I.

Preference will be given to:
good quality photos over mediocre or poor quality photos.
members who have never been featured in a LISST Print Calendar over those who have.

I have 4 photos already submitted, all of which appear to be of sufficient quality
(Frank & Doreen Dimino, Tom McNulty, Dave Filippidis, Chris Dunne)
I need at LEAST 8 more .... more is fine.

Please let me hear from you ... I'm very interested in your photos.

Regards ..... Art Funk & John Zupka
2008 Print Calendar Coordinators

Art Funk
Heavy Chevy 95

Wutz listening to some tunes Online.
Some of the Music we played in the Neighborhood during the 60ties and 70ties.

Back when,
Boom Boxes or Ghetto Blasters were Brand New on the Street.

Those old Radios weighed a Ton - Chewed up Casette Tapes sometimes.
Wore Out D - Size Batteries
Like they were going out of style.

Hella of a Parties we use to throw in City Parks and at friends homes.
Good Tunes Always Cranked.

American Heavy Weight Cruisers,
Whitewall Tires and Fender Skirts always polished and looking good.
Cadillacs - Lincolns - Buick Duece & Quarter - Pontiac Bonnevilles

What a great neighborhood with all types of people that got along.
Heavy Chevy 95

All Members,

After reviewing the members locations that have responded so far, & the logistics concerned to try & make a central meeting point, I've decided that the location listed below would suit us best. Even the departure time is a little better than the others I was looking at. So, it is;

To Tropicana, Bally's - 8:15am
Fortune Smoke City
516-798-7760
5500 Sunrise Hwy (Rte 27)
Circuit City Shp Ctr
Behind Olive Garden, near Sunrise (now Westfield) Mall

Trip Attendees so far:
Joe & Roberta Guercio
Frank & Doreen Dimino
Dave Romero & Lucy Tso
Trevor & Melanie Greene
Mark Holobigian
Skip Moore (3)
It's not too late if anyone is still interested, but yet to reply. I'm going to the pick up location Saturday, Feb. 23rd, one week before the date, (3/1), to pre-purchase our tickets so there's no problems on the pick up date.

I'll lay it out ($9.00 a head), & all of you can reimburse me there.
So, you have till Friday night, the 22nd, to let me know if you'd be interested in attending with us.

That web site again is http://www.acclassiccars.com/

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
2008 President -- 2004 - 2007 Club Secretary
Original Owner -- 3rd In Class '03 All GM Nat's
LT1V8@optonline.net

Heavy Chevy 95

All LISST Members,

On March 8th, we will be on hand to assist The Centurion Cruisers Car Club, & The Fraternal Order of Police Organization that fellow member Bob Lucente is President of, whether it be for help with parking, handing out food, etc...

I was talked into taking the plunge, along with member Pete Ragoussis. We felt to best serve the plunge, i.e., raise money, we should pledge as our club, instead of just joining the existing plunge group that The FOP has already established.

That wouldn't bring in more money. This way will bring more money for the charity, & after all, isn't that the goal? The other positive factor is that we, , will receive some kudos for donating to another charity.

After a conversation with Pete, we concluded that we could have both had our own plunge page for the donations, but felt if we united & solicited pledges under our club name, we could raise that much more money, given nobody knows us as the FOP, & give the club a little recognition at the same time.

Check out the organization itself at http://www.specialolympicsny.org/

Our page is up & ready for donations at http://www.firstgiving.com/longislandsupersportteam

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
LT1V8@optonline.net

Heavy Chevy 95

All LISST Members,

Disregard all prior group #'s regarding Motel 6 reservations.

The correct # is Group #M129700092

I made my reservation forgetting to tell them the group #. You will not get the discount without this number. If you did what I did, just call back & ask to speak with Eileen or Tammy, & they will adjust the rate for you.

FYI-

2008 Carlisle All GM Nat's attendees to date!!

Joe Guercio & Son
Frank Dimino
Muhammed Nazli ?
Dave Filippidis
Art Funk
Dan Leftwich
Dave Romero
Peter Ragoussis
Iwao Fusillo
John Wutzer

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
2008 President
LT1V8@optonline.net

=
Heavy Chevy 95

Heavy Chevy 95

Great Info,

Information like this,

What it takes to run the Super Southern Heavy Weight Shoot Out.

ISSF Thread ---2008 - SSHS8

One of the Reasons,
Why Wutz joined the ISSF community 8 years ago.
Always something new to learn.

Wutz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hagar
Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2001

Money and Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys;

Just noticed this thread, glad to see it actually, I'll say up front I'll be happy to share my experience with the event.

1. The total cost of the event at Commerce, turnkey with all the admin is $13,000. This covers the event, trophies, and all the little pieces that get needed from a logistics stand point. You get 13K together you can enjoy the day.
2. Historically we have had $3,000 at the gate, but this is based on Commerce only, for the first year at a new track DO NOT COUNT on a gate, our first year we were paying in 5's and 1's at the end.
3. The 800 pound gorilla is the insurance, with cars running low nine's now the insurance without NHRA membership is fiscally unobtainable. Getting $13,000 together from a multi club car community is not daunting; protecting people from the specter of financial ruin for a car race is the number one priority if you run this type of event.
4. There were 48 marauders and 33 Imps racing, that is the first time this has happened, I believe the trend will continue and the Mopars will further dilute the Impala numbers. The SSHS8 rules need to be updated for the speeds, and the fact that this is not an Impala event anymore.
5. To get NHRA insurance one entity has to own the event, get their certification from NHRA and sign the contract. I will assume any other NHRA track is the same.
6. To go to a non NHRA track is financially risky for the contract signees, without NHRA insurance, which means no trail of evidence to adhere to formal NHRA compliance in rules for participants, if somebody’s husband or kid gets hurt, the signees and the club are directly responsible. An NHRA ASO is an organization that has NHRA- and SFI-approved rules and carries proper insurance at all events they run at NHRA facilities; NHRA's insurance does *not* apply to races operated by ASOs.
7. There is a good bit of documentation work to submit for ASO status, and it takes time to get through the process end to end.
8. Moving to another track (NHRA) is fine, but the relationship and place on their schedule has to happen ASAP. NHRA tracks are currently doing their budgeting and planning for 2008 right now. I already got a voicemail from Commerce 
9. The club running the event needs a dedicated team to be absolutely counted on to do:
- Track negotiation
- Contract review
- Contract signatures (2)
- Sponsorship and vendor solicitation
- Web site development and updates
- Registration
- Paypal
- Treasurer/Accountant
- Trophies, Announcer
10. Lastly and sometimes the hardest, 1 Person oversight of the project, and the day, to handle the thousand little things that happen and make decisions on the fly. I do that for a living, so I am used to it, it is not for the squeamish. It is like a chain, one link fails and the financial exposure for the day and any future ones goes up (fast).

So…. Who still wants it??!!!

What I think might work, is that SSHS8 is the transition year; SSHS9 is fully supported by non-GASSIT clubs. That would give folks 1 year to get the paperwork done, get on the new track’s schedule and give them plenty of time for folks to get pre-registered, sponsors, etc.

If that’s a good plan, and the SSHS9 people step up and get their feet wet in planning tasks for SSHS8, you will have a realistic continuation plan. I would volunteer to help them do those. Those clubs would be partners with GASSIT, and that would solve the SSHS8 insurance in the short term, and 2009 would be covered by a non-Gassit club.

Southern Super Heavy Shootout 8
….We’re not giving the plaque back…”

I welcome thoughts and comments.

Norm
Georgia Super Sport Impala Team Member #1
GASSIT
http://www.gassit.findhere.org/
ISSCA #672

94 Caprice L99,190K, 16.3 @ 80.5 mph.....96 Caprice 9C1 454, 12.35@ 112 mph

GASSIT CLUB CREW

Norm Campli: Chairman

Tom Pierce: Operations

Scott Barnes: "The Professor" Technical Director

Bud Grimm: Communications and Car Show Coordinator

Jim and Michelle Bishop: Event Coordinators

Doug Wood : ISSCA Liaison

Karen Wood: GASSIT Treasurer

Blake Werner: Chief Information Officer

Gary Conlan: Membership

Mark Sulimirski: Road Racing/ Autocross Coordinator

John Rafteseth: Drag Racing Coordinator

Heavy Chevy 95

RAISSE Club Drag Date

Posted by: "Rob Hamilton" robh242@rochester.rr.com roadkillss
Date: Tue Feb 12, 2008

Karl, Nabby, All,

Looks like we are going to have the RAISSE event on August 16th instead of July.

The GASSERS will be there , but Bob said it shouldn't be a problem.

Tight Drag Race schedule for NYRIP --- August 2008 .

Rob

Heavy Chevy 95

Thanks Billy D. ,Nab, Jeff & Mike .

I also enjoyed this ECIRS Drag Day in 2002,
POSSI /ECIRS Drag Day in Pennsylvania with Bryan Herter.

Wutz

Wutz with NJ BEASST President - Howie Hoffman --- Bryan Herter handing out Drag Day Trophies.

2002 NUMIDIA . Pennsylvania --- POSSI / ECIRS Drag Race Results

POSSI race to Numidia?
Posted by: "DeBlasio, Bill" william.deblasio@qwest.com deblaz13
Date: Wed Feb 13, 2008

Ah Numidia. Where it all began, May 2002.

Trusinski introduced me to Karl at the gates (with Mike T you get there
early)

We were so early Karl ran back into town to get us some egg
sandwiches.

I was just there to see how fast my new 383 was (not very - 13.5's)
because I couldn't wait until July (LISST Drag Day).

Karl asked if I wanted to join up ECIRS.

Hell, it was free! I signed up right on the hood of Jon Thorns car.

Came in 3rd beating Kyle Klemmer (remember him?), some stranger (I cut
an .008 light in my 2nd pass evah), and then beat the esteemed Mr
Gramby. Funny thing is I never finished first once, they all broke out
(badly) racing the noob.

I was hooked! I got my ass spanked by Mikey Kender in the semi-finals -
double breakout and I broke out .01 more. I thought it was the greatest
thing since sliced bread! I had no idea what I was doing (still don't).
I was just hoping not to embarrass myself too badly. smile.gif

Bill

2002 race at Numidia
Posted by: "Nabster" delorian9@yahoo.com delorian9

Look at how bad our reaction times were:
Fred cut a .900 lite first round and a .700 lite.
I had .695 lite first round.
Jeff Diener .700 lite 1st round.
No cars in the 11s... 1 car in the 12s
No chicken buckets.

hehehe

Nab

2002 race at Numidia
Posted by: "Jeff Diener" jdiener@ntplx.net jdiener357

After being "taken to school" by King Karl and others the field really tightened up.
I think that was my first ECIRS member event, it didn't go as well as it did for Bill.
But hey, half the guys lose in the first round.

Hope to see you guys at one of the events this year.
Catch up with some old friends.

Jeff

2002 Race at Numidia
Date: Wed Feb 13, 2008 )

Damn Jeff, we were both noobs the same day in 2002?

Actually I participated in one LISST Drag Day back in 2000 but Karl just
has me as anonymous car # 511 back then.

I was running some badass 15.xx's that day!

2000 LISST / ECIRS Drag Day Results -- Race was in Long Island , New York

Oh yeah, and F!#%$*&*& Mike Kender took me out THAT day too!
He was so far ahead of me I could SEE his brake lights come on!

Even back then Karl was playing the stripe. He dialed 13.20 and then
when Brad Rosenberg cut a .388 red (ouch) somehow he ran 13.08
hehehehehe

Bill

2002 race at Numidia
Posted by: "mike" mikekend@sbcglobal.net mikekend

Yea!! Check the final standings for that year. Who's your buddy Mike E.K. ??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that was back when I was still a little lucky!
Nowadays it`s one round & pack it up! <g>
Good to hear from you Jeff!
When you gettin another b-body?

Mike E.

Heavy Chevy 95
59 Impala

Six Speed - 9c1 Lt1 T-56 at GM Nationals - Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

This 9c1 might be For Sale

I don't really want to sell the car, but have been staring down some pretty serious bills.
That said, I'm not accepting any lowball offers, either.
I may end up just pulling it off the road 'til the dust settles a little.

Jeff

Blue Wail
Senior Member Join Date: Sep 2000

Jeff,
You can't sell that car, MAN!!!!
See you at etown,
Nab
'94 Black Bat bracket killer 10.46 @ 125
'95 Blue Wail 6 speed road hog 11.48 @ 119
'96 Dirty Hippo almost ready for the dirt track

"Gutted it. Caged it. Sprayed it."

Big Dog Roswell's Rules For Vehicles For Sale on ISSF

kennybopaloo

Johnny, These East L.A. girls are getting younger and younger.

Be carefull.

lildevil.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
Kenny,
I was looking at the 59 Impala. cheers.gif

Josh Reuter having a little fun with Wutz.

Photo shop photo of Doug & Myself by Josh.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Wutz has never done drugs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Original Photo from Key Motors

Kenny,
I see a Caddy in this photo. -- What do you see ? laugh.gif
kennybopaloo

I see this Mommy who say to me, Du it to me Kenny, Keep duing it to me Papi!!!!!!

peelout.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
jeff___H
Senior Member.

1995 Caprice 9C1. Custom Paint, T56 -- For Sale

1995 Caprice 9C1. Originally commissioned by Chesterfield County, Virginia.
It has been my baby since 2002.
Currently has just over 125,000 miles.

*Custom 2-tone paint with red stripe under the clearcoat.

*Glasstek 2"cowl hood with Black Impala SS grille.
Black Impala SS wheel lip moldings and bumper trim inserts.

*Impala SS taillight housings and trim with smoke-tint aftermarket lenses.
Third bulb added; bulbs are red LED replacements.
Factory style clear corner lights up front.

*American Racing TT2 Classic Wheels (18x8, 18x10).

*BFGoodrich gForce TA tires.

*Factory tan interior with modifed Blazer center console.
Custom instrument cluster from a Z28 Camaro with white face/indiglo and carbon fiber trim.
Aftermarket stereo system.

*LT1 350. Rebuilt stock bottom end with about 10k on it. Melling high-volume oil pump. Comp Xtreme Energy 269HR-12 cam. New OPTI. 8mm MOROSO plug wires. GM Aluminum heads with oversize (2.02, 1.60) Manley stainless valves, mild port & bowl work, LT4 springs, clips and retainers. Port-matched intake. K&N carbon fiber valve covers. RAISS cold-air intake setup. CORVETTE abs fuel rail covers. Walbro fuel pump.

*PCM tuning by PCMFORLESS.com.

*ClearImage Automotive Tri-Y headers. Custom 2 1/2" dual exhaust with high flow Catco cats,
stainless X-pipe, Spin-Tech Pro Street mufflers and stainless taiplipes installed by Mufflex Performance Exhaust.
Will also include bolt-in test pipes.

*T56 6-speed trans. B&M Ripper shifter.

*Original rear axle equipped with stock-type posi, 4.56 gears, and the proper ABS reluctor for the gears.
Extended-length BMR upper and lower control arms with poly bushings.

*Impala SS springs in rear; INTRAX drop springs in front.
Rear INTRAX springs will go with the car if you want them.

*Barry Grant LT1 plate-style nitrous setup. Stealth underhood install.

Car is a head turner, rock-solid reliable, and fast.

Trans is a little tired, and the AC needs a charge.

I'll add more as I think of it.

My current financial situation is forcing me to give up my favorite toy. $8500 or best offer.
Plenty more pics available if there is any interest.

(Jeff's Custom 9c1 to the Right --- INTEGRITY AUTOMOTIVE 1971 BLACKHORSE PIKE -- WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ. 08094 )

I was at this Garage in New Jersey for the POSSI club get together.

UNYISSO.GIF 's Capt Dave's New 9c1 Hot Rod on the front end alignment machine to the left.

Kennybopaloo,

"I see this Mommy who say to me, Du it to me Kenny, Keep duing it to me Papi!!!!!!"

This might happen to Papi When she gets done with you laugh.gif

kennybopaloo
I was just taking a nap.......

yikes.gif
Heavy Chevy 95
LOVE THIS COMEBACK
Date: 2/16/2008

Hope you folks enjoy this as much as I did.
Please Pass it on.

Marco Bucchi
NJ BEASST South Jersey Rep

> *One of my sons serves in the military. He is
> stationed stateside, here in California . He
> called me yesterday to let me know how warm and
> welcoming people were to him and his troops
> everywhere they go. He* *
> told me how people shake their hands and thank
> them for being willing to serve and fight, not
> only for our own freedoms but so that others may
> have them too.
> Then he told me about an incident in the grocery
> store he stopped at yesterday on his way home from
> the base. He said that several people were in the
> line ahead of him, including a woman dressed in a
> burkha.
> He said when she got to the cashier, she made a
> loud remark about the U.S. Flag lapel pin the
> cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached
> up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes, I always
> wear it proudly, because I am an American.'
> The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier
> when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen,
> explaining that she was Iraqi.
>
> Then, a Gentleman standing behind my son stepped
> forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders
> and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and
> gentle voice to the Iraqi woman: Lady, hundreds of
> thousands of men and women like this young man
> have fought and died so that_YOU could stand here,
> in_ _MY country_ and accuse a check-out cashier of
> bombing YOUR countrymen.
> It is my belief that _had_ _you been this
> outspoken in YOUR own country,_ we wouldn't need
> to be there today.
> But, hey, _if you have now learned how to speak
> out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a
> ticket and pay your way back to Iraq , so you can
> straighten out the Mess in YOUR country, that you
> are obviously here in MY country to avoid.' _**
> **
> Everyone within hearing distance cheered!
>
>
Heavy Chevy 95

Posted by: "pagss1" pagss@excite.com pagss1
Date: Thu Feb 14, 2008

BEASST does not have its own "drag day" but has been sponsoring the
Double Points Finale for the past few years.

BEASST will continue to sponsor the Finale (regardless of
track location) and would like to see it remain its own race prior
to SSHS if scheduling allows.
In other words, we defer to the Powers That Be to best accomodate the racers/track schedule and
enrich the overall experience...
I dont have an agenda or axe to grind, lets just have fun!

BEASST and POSSI

Have co-hosted events
before and can do so for 2008 ECIRS if necessary.

King Karl,
No need to sponsor two races this year...AIEE can sponsor
The ERE-383 Open and BEASST will sponsor the Finale.

Thanks!
Joe PagSS
BEASST Retired Pres/Present Admin

Date: Thu Feb 14, 2008

Yes Joe,
That sounds like a good deal and I'll put BEASST as the
ECIRS double points finale sponsor.
Thanks for doing that.

Karl

Heavy Chevy 95
UNYISSO.GIF inegma.gif member is celebrating his birthday today.

Dilbert9C1 (24)

Rob

Happy Birthday today.

Please send some of your warm Florida weather North this time of year.

Wutz

Left to Right --
Mike Lukens (SoFasst prez..red shirt) Rob (white shirt) and Scott (Gray Shirt) in Florida
Heavy Chevy 95

ECIRS Season Opener Match List for Englishtown Dragway

Date: Fri Feb 15, 2008

What do you guys think of this ECIRS vs LS Mopar match list?

Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Owners -------------- ECIRS Chevrolet Impala/Caprice Drivers

1 - bklynmag (John) - (12.4-12.6) - Magnum RT 5.7

2 - QBNKID (Mario) - (14.6-14.8) - Grand Cherokee 5.7 ------------------Mike
Fleming, Caprice (14.7-14.9)

3 - Carfinish (Stellino) - (13.3-13.6) - Magnum RT 5.7
-------------------Barry, 96 Impala SS (13.5)

4 - nhdave (Dave) - (12.4-12.7) - Magnum SRT 6.1 ---------------------Glen,
96 Impama SS (12.5)

5 - sinistr - (13.6-13.9) - Charger RT 5.7
-------------------------------Dave Wilson, Caprice (13.7)

6 - TPBNANA-1606 - (13.5-13.7) - Charger Daytona 5.7
-----------------DeBlasio, Impala SS (13.6)

7 - JonzMgnm (John) - (11.8-12.1) - Magnum RT 5.7 --------------------Nab,
94 Impala clone (11.8)

8 - Viper3ez (14.2-14.5) - Magnum RT 5.7 ------------------------------Dave
Servati, Impala SS (14.4)

9 - HEMIDON (Don) - (12.5-13.0) - Charger Daytona 5.7 ----------------Chris
Mallory, 96 Impala SS (12.5), motor 10 - Hemi31 (Erik) - (11.? -11.5) -
Magnum SRT 6.1 - Not definite

11 - torRed #1169 - (13.5 - 13.7) - Charger Daytona 5.7 ----------------Dan
Fahey, Impala SS (13.45)

12 - Big Bob - (13.0 - 13.1) - 300C 5.7
---------------------------------Celeste, 96 Impala SS (13.10)

13 - Frozen - (12.8) - Charger SRT 6.1

---------------------------------Rob Hamilton, Impala SS (12.90)

14 - Hemi In Bayville - (12.8-13.0) - Charger SRT
6.1--------------------Anton Iskerskiy, Impala SS (12.9)

15 - slideway - (12.2-12.4) - Magnum SRT 6.1

16 - CtCruzer - (15.3-15.5) - Charger SXT 3.5
--------------------------Robbie Hamilton, Wagon (15.40)

17 - claude9039u - (12.8-13.0) - Magnum SRT 6.1

18 - hemibeesteve - (12.5-12.8) - Charger SRT 6.1
---------------------Timmay, 96 Impala SS (12.60)

19 - Sublimetime - (12.95-13.2) - Charger Daytona 5.7
------------------Stew, Impala SS (13.1) 20 - LouZ - (12.8) - Magnum AWD 5.7

21 - FlyByU - (11.5-12.0) - Charger SRT 6.1

22 - NYC SRT8 - (12.5-12.6) - 300 SRT 6.1

23 - BIGDAVE - (13.5-13.7) - Magnum RT 5.7
---------------------------Lyndon, Impala SS (13.8)

24 - HEMI~C~ - (12.0) - 300C 5.7

Unmatched Impalas open for grudge matches:

John O'Connell 96 Impala SS (14.8-15.0)

Jason, 95 1994 Impala SS Wagon (15.85)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECIRS Season Opener Match List

Woo hoo! I'm racing the "Top Banana!" Could there BE anything uglier
than a yellow SlowPar?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry G
Sent: Friday, February 15,
ECIRS@yahoogroups.com
Subject: ECIRS Season opener match list

Thanks Karl!
I will run with them then.
Is it a Sportsman Tree or Pro Tree?
First to the finish line I assume with no dial.
Barry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECIRS seson opener match list

Barry it's one of our TIMED RUNS.

Meaning: it's a sportsman tree so you can practice for the ECIRS event
to follow.

The car in the other lane is there for entertainment and bragging
purposes only.

Comprende?

BK

Heavy Chevy 95
Posted by: "nybosox63" nybosox@nycap.rr.com nybosox63

Karl,
Could you please post UNYISSO.GIF drag day for June 5, 2008 at Lebanon Valley Dragway.
Sponsorship unknown at present but working on it.
Thanx

Mike "Big Ugly" Fleming

Mike,
Thanks for making this happen for everyone.
I noticed that June 5th is on a Thursday this year.
Do you mean June 7th for the drag day ?

Wutz

ECIRS Drag Race Info, I just discovered 8 years later, laugh.gif

burnout.gif 2000 ECIRS /TRI-9 Drag Day Results peelout.gif

2001 ECIRS Race Dates ---- 2001 ECIRS Drivers ---- 2006 ECIRS Drag Day Rules

Wutz always enjoys attending with everyone at a ECIRS Drag Day.

Thanks Karl and Billy D for the Info,

Wutz

2000 ECIRS / Tri-9 Drag Day at Lebanon Valley Dragway.

#138 -- " NY ECIRS CHAMP - MIKE TRUSINSKI " -- Long Island Impala SS Team
Registered ECIRS Drag Racer
WIN

#935 ---- Stew Drozd --- CT TRI-9 Car Club
WIN

#800 -- Luis Caban -- CT TRI-9 Car Club

#974 -- Lou Soto -- CT TRI-9 Car Club

#973 -- Marcello Amestoy -- CT TRI-9 Car Club
WIN

#111 -- Mike Kender --- CT TRI-9 Car Club

#826 -- Alan Smith -- ISSCONE -- Impala SS Club Of New England
ISSCONE's Club Webmaster (NAISSO - Chapter)
WIN

#94 -- Paul Roswell -- CT TRI-9

#43 -- Joe Amodea
WIN

#972 -- Paul Perugini -- CT TRI-9

#830 -- Scott Pieztsch -- CT TRI-9 -
(Connecticutt Tri-9 = 94-95-96 Impala ss Owners)
WIN

#350 -- Art Funk -- LISST / UNYISSO.GIF
Big Daddy from the New York Car Club Scene.

#980 -- Nick Campbell -- NJ BEASST / UNYISSO.GIF Car Club
WIN

#3 Jimmy Cypher -- BLACK KNIGHTS Car Club from Boston / TRI-9 / UNYISSO.GIF Car Club

#801 -- Alex Ernst -- UNYISSO.GIF Club Founder
(NAISSO - Chapter) Upstate New York Impala SS/9c1 Owners.

#982 --- John Jenkins -- UNYISSO.GIF Car Club
(NAISSO Chapter) Club's Photographer
WIN

#825 -- Paul Greene -- UNYISSO.GIF Car Club
(NAISSO Chapter) LVD Drag Racing Champ
WIN

NYBOSOX
Was looking at 2007 calender have asked Karl to adjust
Dilbert9C1
Thanks John -- Being able to work on the car all year long is awsome ---Below is a pic of me doing a fuel pump ---I have pics of me installing my bigger battery cables but can;t find them..... Next week I';ll be putting in Rustic autocross springs...balljoints and bushings....Then need to set up an agressive alignment at work to get ready for next months autocross--- lildevil.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Heavy Chevy 95

QUOTE(NYBOSOX @ Feb 16 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Was looking at 2007 calender have asked Karl to adjust

Glad I caught that for you Mike.
Looking at my work Schedule -- I will not be able to attend on June 7th.
Damn - I wish I could make it.
Do you want me to ask someone we both know if they would like to sponsor the race ?

ECIRS Race is a $175.00 now for a Sponsor ? I remember it used to be $150.00

It's Something,
How quick our sons grow up.

First year for our Mike Wrestling in Highschool. He is doing OK with it.

Last Night at Albany Highschool,
He won enough Matches,
To continue on to the Sectional II NYS Wrestling next week in Glens Falls.

Mike is in the Black Jacket with Brenda and I,
At the Pocono NASCAR Infield Race Track with all the ISSCA.gif: Members.
He was 13 in the photo for our ISSCA.gif Nationals.

At age 16 now. He makes me look small hahaha.gif Bigger and Stronger than the old man.

Rob ,
Glad you have the weather in Sunny Florida, to work on your vehicles 12 months out of the year.
Thanks for the photos above.

Glad to hear your enjoying Auto Crossing.
You should try and attend our ISSCA.gif Nationals this summer in St. Louis.
Go Road Racing - Auto Crossing - Drag Racing -- Car Show - Sound Off.
Meet some more folks that own these vehicles.

I was leaving work today at 7am - Cold weather 9 F.

No heat in my garage - Cold concrete floor to lay on.
Driveway loaded with Rock Salt,
From the Ice and snow we have had.

bowdown.gif Warmer Weather days when I enjoy working on my vehicles.

Something cool for everyone to check out.

You can get actual photos of our neighborhoods in New York.

Google Street View of the Capitol Region of New York --- Albany

Last Summer they drove around with equipment mounted on the roof.
If you know where our home is located.
Big Bad Blue is sitting in the driveway on this new Google program.

Wutz
Heavy Chevy 95

Members & Friends,

On March 8th, will be on hand at Bar Beach Park, Shore Rd., Port Washington, to assist The Centurion Cruisers Car Club, & The Fraternal Order of Police Organization for the 4th Annual Polar Bear Plunge & Car Display for the New York Special Olympics.

As you know, fellow member Peter Ragoussis and I are taking the PLUNGE !! Oh, by the way, it's not too late if you'd like to take a dip with us. We can start your own page, to send out to your friends & relatives. It's for a great cause!!

Thank you to those members & friends who have donated, we appreciate your support. Lets hope for nice weather!!! And if you can make it down on March 8th it should be a lot of fun, Peter and I would love to see you there and don't forget there will also be a car display (so bring the LT1) and free food from Panera Bread!!! Those friends with hot rods, bring them down.

To date our team Impala's 4 Charity has raised a total of $975.00 in on line donations and $200.00 in offline donations for a total of $1,175.00. This puts our team currently 5th in donations, and checking the site you'll see that we are amongst some large organizations!

However, we still need your support-- C'mon guys, its gonna be COLD!!

You don't need to make a big donation -- If every member donated just $10.00, times our 75 members (based on last years roster), we would have an additional $750.00!!! If every member made it $20.00 we would have an additional $1,500!!!, not to mention the friends & relatives that Peter & I have solicited. Don't be ashamed to even send $5.00 if you can. From every member, that would be over $350.00 itself.

Donating by credit card couldn't be easier. The site is secured by VeriSign, the ultimate in web protection. You can also leave a comment with your donation, that will appear on the page.

Check out the organization itself at http://www.specialolympicsny.org/

Our page is up & ready for donations at http://www.firstgiving.com/longislandsupersportteam

It all adds up!!! Every little bit helps. Please help us!!!

RegardSS /,
Joe Guercio
LT1V8@optonline.net

NYBOSOX
John I believe I have a sponsor lined just have to dot i's and cross t's will let you know if this goes in the toilet
Heavy Chevy 95
Ok Mike,

If anything changes and you still need a sponsor.

Let me know.
I'll stop and ask for you.

Good luck,
And thanks for doing this for everyone.

Wutz

ISSF Owners and photos of their Vehicles
Heavy Chevy 95
Subject: 94 9c1 Lt1 for sale
Date: 2/19/2008

To: taisso@yahoogroups.com , 9c1@yahoogroups.com, 9c1_performance@yahoogroups.com, usedpolicecartraderbuysell@yahoogroups.com, unyisso@yahoogroups.com, gm9c1b03policevehicles@yahoogroups.com
wutz's hotrod shop.

Capt Wilf with the Ball Cap Hat --- Standing next to Wutz

Another Gold Virginia State 94 9c1 Lt1 -- Nick Campbell's

Wilf's 94 9c1 Lt1 was originally from Key Motors. Might also be from Virginia State

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 9C1 Gold Mesa Beige Metallic
LT1 260,000kms. factory low mile Auburn posi
engine/trans. regularly serviced by licensed mech.
P235/70R15 Goodyear Eagle GT+4 "V" rated tires on N97
rims w/metal centre caps
P235/70R15 Goodyear Eagle M+S "V" rated tires on N97
rims w/correct full wheel discs
Monroe severe service shocks(6 months old)
T84 export headlights + heavy duty wiring harness
T53 aux. flashing lamps
twin trunk lamps
factory am/fm/cd w/speed sensing volume
factory cruise w/ indicator lamp
ticket lamp w/ surveillance mode
7X6 lh spotlamp
factory keyless remote entry w/opt. door lock/unlock
PCM tuned personally by Bryan Herter + 2nd one also
tuned by Bryan
full cloth/carpet front and rear
P225/70R15 Goodyear GT+4 spare tire on N97 rim
w/carpet cover, correct jack, tire hold down, etc.
K/N air filter
brakes done front and rear 9 months ago
problems: paint chip on hood...paint chip on driver
door edge...dash pad split in two places...body trim
at belt line is sun damaged...left side exhaust
manifold gasket needs replacing *manifold is NOT
cracked*...one antenna hole in roof and one antenna
hole in trunklid, both plugged
price $6500 incl. not installed orig. headlamp assy's,
power seat units for driver and pass. w. new seat
slider guides, and pwr. seat switch units
price $6500...

Let's talk...

Wife has a new job and refuses to drive car.

Wilf

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.