> Birthday wishes!, Luc (abit late july 10th) and Mike Wallace today
Roadkill
post Jul 15 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: RAISSE
Member No.: 75

Happy Birthday's guys!! Hope it was something Impala related?? Luc, we need to have a get together for the RAISSE event, might want to have it at your place and knock off some of that work on the Imp??!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsored Links
post Jul 15 2010, 10:56 AM
Post #
Inegma.net

Advertisements

Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 15 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 462

Thanks! And yes - my place is available! I think I'm free both weekends between now and the end of the month so whatever works for you guys works for me. Sound off on what day(s) will work for you.

And I'd love to have my Imp wrapped up by the end of the month, but there's no way it's happening without some help! You guys up for a cam swap? I should be able to finish the trans/rear install and the interior can wait smile.gif

+Quote Post
BlackCaprice
post Jul 15 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Senior Member II
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

I am up for a cam swap.

+Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 20 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

QUOTE(lotsacars @ Jul 15 2010, 07:10 PM) *
Sound off on what day(s) will work for you.

Woah, woah, woah, guys. Not all at once wink.gif

24th and 25th is all that's left. I can do the afternoon of the 24th or anytime the 25th. Either of those any better than the other?

+Quote Post
SSweet9C1
post Jul 20 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Wine O'Jackass!
Group Icon

Group: UNYISSO
Member No.: 54

Sorry Luc (happy Bday by the way) But we have to be in New Lebanon this weekend for Caroline's Grandfather's funeral... sad.gif

I am booked every saturday morning (and early afternoon) from now till november.. Sundays are hit and miss smile.gif
Jonathan

+Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 21 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #6

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Sorry to hear about Caroline's Grandfather sad.gif

+Quote Post
SSweet9C1
post Jul 22 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #7

Wine O'Jackass!
Group Icon

Group: UNYISSO
Member No.: 54

It's a bummer, but he had a long happy life (94!) He survived WWII living in London at the time, he beat cancer in his mid 80's had 3 kids, 5 grand kids etc etc.
I am just glad I got to know him!
Jonathan

+Quote Post
BlackCaprice
post Jul 22 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #8

Senior Member II
Group Icon

I forgot to mention happy birthday.

As Luc said sorry on Caroline's grandfather, it sounds like he had a good life, and that his later years were enjoyable.

Luc I did not mention a better day as it doesn't matter on my schedule at the moment, any day is good, just let us know.

Alan

+Quote Post
dservati
post Jul 22 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #9

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

Never saw this post until today ... Nick and I can help out Saturday what time?
What tools should we bring?

What's left to work on and what order do you want to do it in would be important.

Do you want to work on the drive train and get that finished so you can make the shootout for sure...and tackle the cam afterwards? Stuff like that ... time to put your project management skills to work more people on a problem does not equal more productivity!

Rob I get your text now ... we can skip Friday night at my house and meet a Lucs do some work and talk about the Shootout.

Luc let me know ... I think you have my new cell phone number call or text me.

Dave
QUOTE(lotsacars @ Jul 15 2010, 07:10 PM) *
Thanks! And yes - my place is available! I think I'm free both weekends between now and the end of the month so whatever works for you guys works for me. Sound off on what day(s) will work for you.

And I'd love to have my Imp wrapped up by the end of the month, but there's no way it's happening without some help! You guys up for a cam swap? I should be able to finish the trans/rear install and the interior can wait smile.gif

+Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 22 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Saturday I'll be out until 12:30PM or so. We can shoot for a 1PM start time.

Depending on how many people come (and how ambitious we are smile.gif ) I think we can get it all done. I plan on working on it on Sunday if we don't finish Sat. If we'd rather keep it more casual and less of a mod-fest then we can just finish up the drivetrain swap.

If you guys are really up for some wrenching and would like to give the cam swap a go then I could use a few tools: Balancer puller, spark plug adapter (for airing up the cylinders), and whatever you have for valve spring compressors. I have one, but I've never used it on an LT1 and would rather have other options available. Anything you guys have run into that I may not have thought of? I don't usually do things in one day wink.gif which leaves me plenty of time to gather the things I forget. I think I have all the gaskets we'll need.

Give me a head count ASAP so I can grab some meat for the grill and such.

+Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 22 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #11

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Dave - I have your home and work #'s, but I can't come up with your cell # for some reason...

+Quote Post
dservati
post Jul 23 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #12

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Luc - left you a voice mail nine five three five three zero zero Nick Sam and I are planning to come I have a spring compressor but I think I borrowed the sparkplug air thing from Jeremiah and the harmonic balancer puller - he had a specially modified one that I borrowed (and broke). What else should we bring? I need your address again and some directions ...

Do you have a coffee maker ? If not I'll bring a thermos .. I texted Rob last night and he said he'd be there Saturday too -- so 1:00 your place.

+Quote Post
lotsacars
post Jul 23 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

I've got a coffee maker.

I've PM'd everyone my address. I think you all have my cell # at this point. SevenTwentySeven TwentyThreeNinetySeven

If you could bring what tools you have that'd be great, Dave. Alan has a few he's bringing as well.

I just realized I never bought the polylocks I need for my rockers shakehead.gif Crap! Anyone have any?

+Quote Post
BlackCaprice
post Jul 23 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #14

Senior Member II
Group Icon

I have the the balancer puller and installer (it lacks the thrust bearing or thrust washer), all of the special tools for the front engine seals, 2 different spring compressors, 2 or three air hoses for the spark plugs to put air in the cylinder, remote starter switch (for bumping the engine), a small magnet for the valve locks, rocker splash clips if you adjust the lifters with the engine running.

See you tomorrow.

Alan

+Quote Post
dservati
post Jul 23 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #15

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Dam Alan that's a bunch of tools. Guess we who to call next time

QUOTE(BlackCaprice @ Jul 23 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I have the the balancer puller and installer (it lacks the thrust bearing or thrust washer), all of the special tools for the front engine seals, 2 different spring compressors, 2 or three air hoses for the spark plugs to put air in the cylinder, remote starter switch (for bumping the engine), a small magnet for the valve locks, rocker splash clips if you adjust the lifters with the engine running.

See you tomorrow.

Alan

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:36 PM