Avarno
post Jan 7 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: UNYISSO
Member No.: 16

Dammit, you beat me to it.

I say fix the tail lights and I'm sold. Distance between roofline and top of door is a bit short. I think this car needs to a bit more everyday friendly if they want to sell them.

On the other hand, if they only want to play into the enthusiast market, well, that's fine by me. I just don't want to see them make the same mistake as before.

Here's a direct link for the video. It'll pop up in Windows Media Player and be quite a bit bigger. At least it was for me.

mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv

I'm not a fan of red vehicles so...I'll take a black and tan barkeep...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  09Camaro_K.jpg ( 90.06K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sherlock9c1
post Jan 7 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Goldmember
Group Icon

Member No.: 119

Man, where's that ghey smilie with the rainbow flag - I need it for the music in that video! Yuck.
QUOTE(Avarno @ Jan 7 2006, 05:16 PM)
I say fix the tail lights and I'm sold.
Agreed. The car looks great, and seems just as impractical as the Challenger concept. Isn't that partially what killed the old Camaro? 2009 is too far off.

+Quote Post
SSweet9C1
post Jan 7 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Wine O'Jackass!
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

that looks mean as hell!!! I love it!!! (though i tend to drive more practical cars....) still looks cool.. kinda like a chevy-bat-mobile biggrin.gif
jonathan

+Quote Post
Avarno
post Jan 8 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

More pics. The previous ones don't do it justice. Outstanding. There's a slight chance they're a modeled render, but given that they have a model already completed, I kind of doubt it.

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
sherlock9c1
post Jan 9 2006, 06:42 AM
Post #6

Goldmember
Group Icon

Wow, unlike the Charger, that thing has many good angles on it... drool.....

+Quote Post
Avarno
post Jan 9 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #7

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2006/..._the_age_1.html

Press time is noon today for the release. But Lutz spilled the beans on the good stuff already. Nice.

+Quote Post
Wild Willy
post Jan 9 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #8

Life Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

Wow, from the front three-quarter angle that thing (thang) looks pretty good- recalls the old original camaro, the fender lines and the 'shark' gills. Need to fix the grille, looks like the Caddy. Like the power bulge in the hood, I hope that is functional.
I think the retro look is the right direction- anybody seen the new retro Dodge Challenger? With a pistol grip 6 speed, I might add... Wonder if anybody at Hurst is busy cranking out aftermarket parts, yet....

And the retro mustang- how cool is that? I am drooling over that, I may go over to the dark (blue oval) side yet.

So, 2009 model year- we are six or seven months from the '07 M.Y. release, so we are talking 2 and a half years- will they stop hobbling the cars that aren't vettes, and give it the big engine? Should be a runner, if they can keep the price competitive, it will give all the testoerone jockeys something to lust for.

+Quote Post
CantAdd
post Jan 9 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #9

Accountant at Large
Group Icon

Group: OB_BO
Member No.: 28

Here's my 2cents.gif for what it's worth.

1) I also dislike the tailights

2) 2009 seems a little far off considering the Challenger concept is coming out sooner

3) According to the video this is on the same platform as the GTO - does this mean that they won't sell this one in Canada as well?!!?

+Quote Post
bbodyguy
post Jan 9 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #10

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Member No.: 101

I'll take it like it is. Hell, I 'aint proud. biggrin.gif

Poppa Chubby.

+Quote Post
Avarno
post Jan 9 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #11

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

QUOTE(CantAdd @ Jan 9 2006, 12:36 PM)
3) According to the video this is on the same platform as the GTO - does this mean that they won't sell this one in Canada as well?!!?
[right][snapback]53439[/snapback][/right]

I thought that the contract's provision for the Camaro being made in Canada ran out at some point around 2008 or 09 or am I being optimistic?

Also, GM has some plans for shutting down some capacity at another Canadian plant. Maybe they'll be able to build it there?

+Quote Post
Dave MacDonald
post Jan 9 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: TAISSO
Member No.: 19

The GTO switches to this new platform. No more Holden imports.
Rumors are still strong that the Camaro and GTO are Oshawa bound. The Beacon Project revamp will allow multiple types of vehicles to be built, depending on demand, on the same line. So lower volume vehicles will not be caught out trying to support a complete operation.

My understanding of the "deal" for the Camaro name was that GM was not to use the name again for 5 years after closing down the ST.Therese assembly plant in 2002. That puts the new one at least a 2008 model. They did the Solstice in record time from concept to production, so lets hope they can do the Camaro just as quickly.

+Quote Post
boojum
post Jan 9 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #13

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 322

I'd like to see the front of the hood a little lower. More like this:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  cien.jpg ( 127.57K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
sherlock9c1
post Jan 9 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #14

Goldmember
Group Icon

QUOTE(boojum @ Jan 9 2006, 06:51 PM)
I'd like to see the front of the hood a little lower. More like this:

So they can stick the motor under the windshield, like on the 4th-gen F-bodies? No thanks - let's leave things where they ought to be. And this coming from a guy who loves 4th-gen F-bodies.

+Quote Post
dservati
post Jan 9 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #15

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: RAISSE
Member No.: 339

Okay - I'll rain on the parade:

School boy racer looks will have to be re-drawn in 2 years after the initial buzz wears off
2009 - might as well be next millenium Score one for Ford
No practical back seat - if ya can't throw the brats or inlaws in the backseat and a set of clubs in the trunk might as well buy a corvette- score another one for Ford here and one for D.C.
GM's marketing strategy - base model inline 5 (affordable), rally model - V6 (above market price), Z28 version w/detuned Z06 V-8 (Huge sticker price limited quantity big dealer mark up), and finally a small V-8 version availible six months after intro with auto only. Oh yeah as a 2010 model they'll start talking about a convertible!

I mean a solstace with no V-8??? Hell if Mallet can do it why couldn't the general - why cause they got their heads up their asses!

Sorry - GM has lost it boys and our cars are the last of the big ones that they got right!

Boy I hope I'm wrong and the GM stock I still have will soar in value - but I think that and stock in AMC will be worth about the same in 2010

-I'm out

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:31 PM