> New type of wipers
SSweet9C1
post Nov 2 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Wine O'Jackass!
Group Icon

Group: UNYISSO
Member No.: 54

OK it's a pretty boring "tech talk" but the other day I stopped in to auto zone to pick up a set of wipers for my truck (the last set was installed last november when I bought the truck)

They had like 4 kinds available, but these rain ex wipers were on sale for $10 off a pair, and they work REALLY well.. (of course it is only like day 3) I don't remember the name, but they are more like the wipers on european cars, as in they are on piece of flexible plastic/rubber that conforms to the windshield. they were only a couple bucks more than the standard cheapo wipers I usually get, after the discount... We'll see if they out last the cheapies...
Jonathan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sponsored Links
post Nov 2 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #
Inegma.net

Advertisements

Quote Post
larstonx
post Nov 2 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Senior Member IV
Group Icon

Group: RAISSE
Member No.: 271

I got a pair for my Jeep a few years ago. Still work like new. Haven't had any icing problems in the winter. Cost more, but well worth it.

+Quote Post
sherlock9c1
post Nov 4 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: UNYISSO
Member No.: 119

I have found that the two biggest killers of wiper blades are:
1. not cleaning them with windex and a paper towel on a regular basis so they accumulate dirt & grit
2. not clearing snow and ice from your windshield before driving on cold mornings.

#2 is especially key for us up here in the snow belt. I thoroughly deice the windshield and the wiper blades before I leave in the mornings and the blades have lasted years. Then one snowy week my wife and I went on a vacation in February and the grandmothers watched the kids. The blades were toast in a week.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:55 PM